In addition, you may want to consider the following to ensure your home is safe and warm during the cooling months:
- Test smoke detectors and replace batteries as needed
- Change or clean furnace filters and get your furnace serviced prior to the really cold outside temperatures
- If you haven't already, it's time to drain outside faucets and winterize the sprinkler system
- Throughout the fall, it's good to keep focused on ensuring gutters and downspouts are clean
- Inspect weather striping around doors and windows - repair or replace as needed.