There are some important considerations when needing to sell a home that is not currently being lived in. They are similar to when you are residing in your home, but need a little more focus since you may not be around to check on the home after showings or on a regular basis.
- Ask for an 'extra set of eyes' to watch the property
- Ensure all doors and windows are secure
- Consider staging with a few pieces of furniture
- Stop mail and newspaper delivery
- Hire someone to maintain the landscaping and keep up the curb appeal of the home
- Keep the home at a comfortable inside temperature
- Question the benefits of holding Open Houses