Regardless of the climate and temperature, here are some maintenance and preventative tips every homeowner should be aware of this month. In addition to those listed above,
- Prepare for potential floors: elevate electrical items, plug all electronics into surge protectors to prepare for lightning storms, inspect basement and attic for any dampness, check your sump pump for proper operation.
- Check/replace air conditioning filters and have your HVAC system inspected.
- Clean under heavy appliancees (refrigerator, dishwasher, etc.).
- Take down sotrm windows and install original screens.
- Put out water, seeds, and suet for birds.
- Clean gutters: clear any blockages, leaves or branches.
- Call a chimney sweep for maintenance after the winter season.